Joshua's Grin

Joshua's Grin
Wouldn't you enjoy spending the day with this little guy?

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Day at the County Fair











The County Fair started yesterday. Yeah! We live only two streets away from the County Fairgrounds, so Mike and I have been Fair aficionados for years. Farm Bureau makes the world's best chocolate milk shakes. I love petting the goats and playing the bowling ball game. You know, the one that you have to push the ball hard enough to go over the first hill and get stuck in the valley, but not so hard it goes over both hills and rebounds back? Yesterday, Mike and I had our first milkshakes of the season - so delicious! I won a stuffed banana with a cute face during my first annual bout with the bowling ball game. Joshua was adorable in his bonding to "BananaMan". All the way home, he talked to him and snuggled him, patting his back.

This morning, Joshua and I returned to the fairgrounds to watch the goat judging. It was really cute to watch the junior showmanship round. Those kids work really hard with their kids (so to speak) to have the animals cooperate during the designated walking routine. Plus, the children looked very spiffy in their white shirts and pants with brown braided belts. It must be the official uniform. I found one little girl with a pygmy goat that didn't mind taking a quick picture with Joshua, who was very interested in the goat.

Before heading home, I decided to take a few photos of Joshua in front of a patch of Black-Eyed Susans. They are very prolific in Indiana during this time of year. They are a nice, manly flower for little boy pictures, too, right? I am a photography junky.

No comments: