Joshua's Grin

Joshua's Grin
Wouldn't you enjoy spending the day with this little guy?

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wonderful Weekend - and New Tricks

We had a wonderful weekend!Mike took a half day, so we could go hiking again. It's such a treat to see the lovely foliage while we walk. This time, we tried a trail in the Hoosier National Forest. Joshua loved the view and slept very little. He particularly loved the break in the middle that he got to sit on the ground to play with leaves, sticks, and dirt.

While hiking, the acorns reminded me of chestnuts. After that mental leap, I started thinking about The Christmas Song. My sweet husband was very supportive of the decision to bring out the Christmas music books (even though it isn't even November yet). I played a few songs on the piano, Mike blew my socks off with the most intricate version of O, Holy Night I've ever heard. He alternated between playing piano and guitar. I enjoyed singing and Joshua did some singing, too.

In addition to making great music, we played a lot, went to church, read books to Joshua, and took him on a nice long bike ride. Joshua did a fantastic job in the nursery at church and played well the whole time. At home, he showed off a new skill: turning his body around so he could lower his legs from the couch while facing it. I didn't know he could do that yet, but Mike said he's been doing that maneuver for a few days now. Joshua is also taking more steps in a row, toddling with his arms stretched out in front of him for balance.

No comments: