Joshua's Grin

Joshua's Grin
Wouldn't you enjoy spending the day with this little guy?

Monday, September 7, 2009

Maine Baby Shower Trip




I flew to Maine to visit family & friends in mid-July (July 11-15). What a wonderful trip! Angel and Tom very sweetly came to get me from the airport and drive me to Waterville. With some heavy traffic, I arrived in time for a late family dinner at Cacciatore’s, a fabulous Italian restaurant in Waterville. Boy, was it wonderful to see my parents, brothers, sister-in-law, and (very grown) nieces and nephews!
The next day, I enjoyed a spectacular Baby Shower that Mom organized for me. It was gorgeous in the church hall, including a balloon arch decorating a rocking chair and potted flowers on every table. There was even a special blessing written on the white board for Joshua! Plus, the hall was filled with family and friends I had never had all under one roof before. It was such a wonderful event. My niece Meghan did a superb job as photographer for me to help capture the day on film.
The food was superb, with all my favorite goodies from family reunions, including fruit salad and those scrumptious mini ham sandwiches. The cake was adorable and delicious, decorated with Winnie the Pooh and Friends on a swing set hung from a tree. I can’t even describe how thoughtful and generous the gifts were! We received adorable clothes for Joshua, beautiful handmade afghans and quilts, extremely helpful gift cards, and so many other gifts, too…The remaining days of the trip whipped by so quickly. I walked daily with Angel, laughed in the kitchen with Jeff, Heather, & Ken, visited Grandma at her house, watched movies with Mom and Dad, and went on a fun shopping trip with Mom. One of my favorite moments was hearing Jeff and Ken reminisce about their feelings when they each brought their first children home from the hospital.

No comments: