Joshua's Grin

Joshua's Grin
Wouldn't you enjoy spending the day with this little guy?

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday




We had a great time celebrating Easter today. We had a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, whole grain toast, and hash browns before having an abbreviated Easter egg hunt for Joshua. We had placed two or three eggs in several places around the living room and dining room for him to find (since its raining outside). However, he sat down and ate the contents of each egg as he found it! So, we picked up the rest of the eggs to dole out the candy over time. He sure does like mini M&Ms and jelly beans!






We enjoyed a local worship service and lots of family fun today. Joshua refused to eat a Peep, looking at me and saying, "Bird?". He's right- the Peeps do look like our canary, Peaches. I don't think we should eat them, either! I made my first solo attempt at Bunny Rolls. I would like a refresher from my mom next time she visits. I could only remember how to make one of the bunny shapes. The other thing I discovered it how time-consuming they are to make! She must have gotten up at 4 or 5am to have hot, fresh bunny rolls for us each Easter morning. How thoughtful of her. Mine were pretty good for a first attempt, but Mom is still the Queen of Bunny Rolls by a large margin.



Joshua like the little bottles of bubbles and his new baby animals coloring book a lot. Mike & I helped him color one of the pictures before Joshua decided it was time to pick up all the crayons. He is the most organized little guy I've ever seen. He doesn't seem to be growing out of this phase that he enjoys organizing things by placing them in containers. He's also doing a super job walking and climbing. He's a whole lot of fun for us.

No comments: